So this article was making its way around my friend group on the internet this week, and got everyone hot and bothered. It claims that 1 in 6 millennials have $100,000 in savings, and maps out how much money you "should" have saved at each age. No one, literally, none of my millennial friends felt like this was accurate, so I decided to compile a list of items that I feel more accurately represents the items of value millennials probably have saved. May not be money, but I promise the sentimental value is there.
- Pokemon cards- mine are saved in a binder, protected in plastic just in case I decide to try and sell them for some cash. You never know.
- Beanie Babies- they are probably in your mom's basement somewhere, tags and all.
- CDs- probably without the case (props if you still have the cases though, with the paper that had the lyrics printed on them) but more likely stored in a zipper pouch/ the one that attached to your car mirror.
- Old cell phones- definitely a RAZR in there somewhere, and most with T9 texting.
- AIM Conversations- if you still have the computer you used back then, they are probably saved on your hard drive. If you can find them-- DO IT. So worth the trip down memory lane.