The very latest on the winter storm heading for the Shenandoah Valley Sunday
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible, which may mix with sleet or freezing
rain at times. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches are
most likely, with up to 15 inches possible. Ice accumulations of
around one tenth of an inch are possible. Winds could gust as
high as 45 mph, and may create near blizzard conditions at
times, especially over the higher terrain.
* WHERE...Augusta and Eastern Highland Counties, and Central
Virginia Blue Ridge.
* WHEN...From 1 PM Sunday to 7 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
conditions could impact the Monday morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow may fall at 1 to 3 inches per hour
late Sunday afternoon into Sunday night, resulting in nearly
impassable roads. Visibility may be reduced to a quarter mile or
less at times.