Hey friends! So my family and I are in the process of moving (nowhere far, literally just across the street!) but no matter how far you move, it can be soo stressful! Here are some moving hacks I wish I knew before starting this process.
- Instead of bubblewrap, use your clothing and linens to protect your dishes and other fragile items. Now you can move two things in one box!
- Keep your boxes organized using colored tape! Kitchen stuff? Green tape. Living room? Blue tape. Bedroom items? Mark those boxes red. This really helps when unpacking so you don't need to peek into boxes before putting them in the right room.
- Put your utensils inside oven mitts in order to keep them organized and clean.
- Use your suitcases! Instead of spending money on moving boxes, just use what you already have!
- Take a picture of the back of your TV so you know exactly where all your wires go, it makes it sooo much easier when re-installing in your new place.
- Figure out what you can donate and get rid of! Trust me, you'll thank yourself later when your moving load is 20 pounds lighter and you've done a good thing for people in need!
- Put all the screws and nails from your furniture in a separate Ziplock bag and tape it to the item. That way everything is right there when you need to reassemble.
- Don't take your clothes off the hangers, instead leave them on their hangers and put them in garbage bags, it'll keep everything organized and clean.
- Put all your wires inside toilet paper and paper towel rolls.
- Make sure you update your subscriptions and billing addresses! This can be a confusing process so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get all your updates in order.
PS - Here's me and my beautiful wife Jen moving into our new home! Happy moving!