Well, not nothing. These money-makers will take some elbow grease, but once you put in the work, you can sit back, relax and watch the cash roll in.
- Write a book. You'll earn money off the sales once your book's published.
- Create an app. You'll make money with every download.
- Start a static blog. Choose evergreen topics to write about, then host ads on your site.
- Write articles online. You can write for websites like about.com.
- Create a YouTube video. If it becomes popular, you can run ads before it.
- Take beautiful photos. Sell the photos you take to businesses like Shutterstock or Getty Images.
- Draw and design graphics. The photo websites also accept illustrations and graphics. You will still earn money for each download.
- Make a t-shirt. You can design for Threadless, and if it gets popular, you can make a ton of prize money.
- Sell insurance. You've seen The Big Short, right?
- Get stock dividends. One of the more common ways to earn passive income is investing in stocks that pay high dividends.
Source: PopSugar; photo: Getty Images