The July 4th holiday is almost here, and a lot of people will be enjoying barbecues, fireworks and more. But it turns out there are some places in this country that are better for celebrating July 4th than others and a new report from WalletHub reveals where they are.
- The site just came out with their annual list of the Best and Worst Places to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- They looked at 100 of the largest U.S. cities on 21 key metrics, in areas of celebrations, affordability, attractions and activities, safety and accessibility and weather.
- Factors include legality of fireworks, number of fourth of July festivals and celebrations, average beer and wine prices and more.
- With all that in mind, San Francisco tops the list of the best place to celebrate the Fourth of July, earning a 73.30 out of 100.
- San Fran specifically comes in first for weather, and at two for attractions and activities, and in the Top 10 for safety and accessibility and celebrations.
Top Ten Places To Celebrate Fourth of July
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Washington, DC
- Atlanta, GA
- Las Vegas, NV
- New York, NY
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Orlando, FL
- New Orleans, LA
- On the flipside, San Bernardino, California is the worst place to celebrate the Fourth, earning a 39.19 out of 100, and coming in dead last for activities and attractions, 99th for safety and accessibility and in the bottom 20 for celebrations.
Ten Worst Places to Celebrate Fourth of July
- San Bernardino, CA
- Jersey City, NJ
- Newark, NJ
- Memphis, TN
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Oklahoma City, OK
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Garland, TX
- Birmingham, AL
- Baton Rouge, LA
Click here to find out where your city falls on the list